Cooking frozen steak fries in the air fryer gets them crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. And you can make them in less time than it takes to bake them in the oven or deep-fry them. You can use a traditional air fryer or an Instant Pot air fryer.
I like to heat frozen steak fries in the air fryer rather than the oven because they turn out better. If I’m making more than three batches, then I use the oven.
Tips for Success
Don’t thaw the frozen steak fries before air frying them.
Every air fryer will vary. The first time you make this recipe, monitor the steak fries and check on them 2 minutes before the cooking time is up. Adjust the recipe as needed.
Shake the basket or turn the fries halfway through the cooking time.
You shouldn’t need to use oil in this recipe. I haven’t had any issues with sticking.
Cook them for about 13 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, shaking the basket halfway through.
I used Red Robin brand steak fries. You don’t need to use Red Robin – you can use Ore Ida or any other brand. You might need to adjust the cooking time. Just keep an eye on them while they’re cooking.
This recipe was tested using Cosori and Duo Crisp brands of air fryer.
Air fry them for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Yes, the fries can be reheated by air frying them for 2 to 3 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
It depends on the capacity of your air fryer. You just need to make sure that they’re not packed too tight, which can prevent air circulation. If you need to air fry double the quantity, you can do it in two batches. The second batch may take less time to cook because the air fryer is hot.
How to make air fryer frozen steak fries
- Keep fries frozen until ready to use
- Preheat air fryer
- Place frozen steak fries in air fryer basket
- Air fry steak fries
- Transfer steak fries to serving platter
- Season (optional)
See recipe details below
Frozen Steak Fries in Air Fryer
- 1 bag frozen steak fries (22 oz.) *
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Add half a bag of frozen steak fries to the air fryer basket and make sure they're evenly spread out.
- Close the air fryer and air fry for 13 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- At the halfway mark, open the lid and use tongs or shake the basket so the fries are tossed well. Close the lid and continue cooking.
- When the cooking time is up, open the lid and check to make sure the fries are cooked to your liking. Toss the fries again and air fry for another 2 minutes, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread fries in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 34 minutes or until the steak fries are golden in color.
- * Red Robin brand of steak fries was used in this recipe.
- Every air fryer is different. Check on the fries 2 minutes before time is up.
- See the blog post for more detailed recipe tips.
Thank you for visiting Paint the Kitchen Red. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use any content without prior written permission. If you’ve made this recipe and would like to share it with your friends, please link back to this recipe. Thank you!
I am not a certified nutritionist. I provide my best estimate of nutritional information merely as a courtesy to my readers. If you depend on nutritional information for dietary or health reasons, I suggest using your favorite online nutrition calculator to confirm the nutritional value of this recipe based on the actual ingredients that you use.
If you loved this recipe, please give it a five ⭐ rating in the comment section below and please share it on social media using the social media share buttons at the top and bottom of this post. Thank you so much!