This Tyson fun nuggets air fryer recipe in shows you how to air fry dino nuggets that are perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. And you can make them in less time than it takes to bake them in the oven or deep-fry them.
Homemade chicken nuggets are always the healthier option, but sometimes you need a few shortcuts and fast food favorite frozen chicken nuggets come to the rescue, especially on busy weeknights!
Here I share an easy recipe to make air fryer dino nuggets. Kid-friendly Tyson fun nuggets are just like chicken nuggets but in dinosaur shapes. Regular chicken nuggets can be cooked the same way.
These crispy chicken nuggets are perfect as a quick snack for picky eaters! Cooking these nuggets in the airfryer is so much better than deep frying them. Find out the Tyson dino nuggets air fryer time in the recipe card below.
Tips for Success
Preheat the air fryer if the air fryer doesn’t have a built-in preheat functionality. Some air fryers preheat before starting to count down. e.g. the Instant Pot Duo Crisp and Cosori. The heating time for preheating is about 4 to 5 minutes.
For best results, don’t thaw the dino chicken nuggets before air frying them.
Every air fryer will vary. The first time you make this recipe, monitor the chicken nuggets and check on them 2 minutes before the cooking time is up. Adjust the recipe as needed.
Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. To get perfect crispiness, it’s best to place the chicken pieces in a single layer, without stacking them.
Shake the air fryer basket or turn the dino nuggets halfway through air frying.
A great way to serve the Tyson chicken nuggets is with your favorite dipping sauce. Here are the best dipping sauces:
They also go great with air fryer french fries!
You don’t need to use any oil in this recipe.
The cook time is about 9 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, shaking the basket once at 5 minutes.
I use Tyson dino nuggets (Tyson fun nuggets) in the air fryer. There are different brands – you can use Yummy Dino Buddies or any other brand available at grocery stores. You might need to adjust the cooking time. Just keep an eye on them during the cooking process.
Air fry them for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Yes, the chicken nuggets can be reheated by air frying them for 2 to 3 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
It depends on the capacity of your air fryer. You just need to make sure that they’re not packed too tight and are placed in one layer.
If you need to air fry double the quantity, you can do it in two batches. The second batch may take less time to cook because the air fryer is hot.
Dino Nuggets Cooking Instructions
- Keep chicken nuggets frozen until ready to use
- Preheat air fryer
- Place frozen nuggets in the air fryer basket
- Air fry dino nuggets
See details in the recipe card below
Air Fryer Frozen Dino Nuggets
- 20 chicken nuggets or as many as will fit in a row *
Air Fryer Instructions
- Place the empty air fryer basket in the air fryer and preheat at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. **
- Add the frozen chicken nuggets to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 9 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, turning them over with tongs or shaking the basket at the 5 minute mark.
- Transfer the chicken nuggets to a serving platter and serve with a dipping sauce.
- * Tyson dinosaur nuggets were used in this recipe. Nutrition information is for Tyson Fun Nuggets.
- Regular chicken nuggets can be made using the same directions.
- Don’t thaw the frozen dino nuggets before air frying them.
- ** Preheat the air fryer if the air fryer doesn’t have a built-in preheat functionality.
- Every air fryer will vary. The first time you make this recipe, monitor the nuggets and adjust the air frying time as needed.
Thank you for visiting Paint the Kitchen Red. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use any content without prior written permission. If you’ve made this recipe and would like to share it with your friends, please link back to this recipe. Thank you!
I am not a certified nutritionist. I provide my best estimate of nutritional information merely as a courtesy to my readers. If you depend on nutritional information for dietary or health reasons, I suggest using your favorite online nutrition calculator to confirm the nutritional value of this recipe based on the actual ingredients that you use.
If you loved this recipe, please give it a five ⭐ rating in the comment section below and please share it on social media using the social media share buttons at the top and bottom of this post. Thank you so much!