Cooking frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer gets them crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. And you can make them in less time than it takes to bake them in the oven or deep-fry them. Use a traditional air fryer or an Instant Pot air fryer.
The air fryer does such a great job at heating frozen foods. I’ve already shown you how to cook frozen steak fries, hash browns, pizza rolls, and taquitos. Here I’ll be telling how to make air fryer frozen sweet potato fries.
Most of my family loves regular french fries but my husband is a big fan of sweet potato fries, and the air fryer comes in really handy when I want to make a smaller batch.
Tips for Success
Don’t thaw the frozen sweet potato fries before air frying them.
Every air fryer will vary. The first time you make this recipe, monitor the fries and check on them 2 minutes before the cooking time is up. Adjust the recipe as needed.
Shake the basket or turn the sweet potato fries twice while air frying, 1/3 of the way through and 2/3 of the way through.
You may need to use a bit of oil in this recipe. I usually coat the basket with a little oil to prevent sticking. However, I haven’t had the need to spray the fries with any oil.
Use a nonstick spatula to gently move the fries. Sometimes letting the potatoes cook for a few more minutes till they caramelize loosens them. You can also line the basket with parchment paper or aluminum foil to prevent sticking next time. Be sure to poke a few holes in them to allow for circulation.
Cook them for about 12 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, shaking the basket twice.
I like to use Alexia sweet potato fries in the air fryer. You don’t need to use Alexia – you can use Ore Ida or any other brand. You might need to adjust the cooking time. Just keep an eye on them while they’re cooking.
This recipe was tested using Cosori and Duo Crisp brands of air fryer.
Air fry them for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Yes, the fries can be reheated by air frying them for 2 to 3 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
It depends on the capacity of your air fryer. You just need to make sure that they’re not packed too tight, which can prevent air circulation.
If you need to air fry double the quantity, you can do it in two batches. The second batch may take less time to cook because the air fryer is hot.
How to make air fryer frozen sweet potato fries
- Keep fries frozen until ready to use
- Preheat air fryer
- Place frozen fries in air fryer basket
- Air fry sweet potato fries
See recipe details below
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
- 1 bag frozen sweet potato fries (20 oz.) *
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Place the air fryer basket in the air fryer.
- Add half a bag of frozen sweet potato fries to the basket and make sure they're evenly spread out.
- Close the lid and air fry for 12 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shake the fries twice, at the 4 minute and 8 minute marks. Open the lid and use tongs or shake the basket so the fries are tossed well. Close the lid and continue cooking.
- When the cooking time is up, open the lid and check to make sure the fries are cooked to your liking. Toss the fries again and air fry for another 2 minutes, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread fries in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 34 minutes or until the fries are cooked.
Thank you for visiting Paint the Kitchen Red. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use any content without prior written permission. If you’ve made this recipe and would like to share it with your friends, please link back to this recipe. Thank you!
I am not a certified nutritionist. I provide my best estimate of nutritional information merely as a courtesy to my readers. If you depend on nutritional information for dietary or health reasons, I suggest using your favorite online nutrition calculator to confirm the nutritional value of this recipe based on the actual ingredients that you use.
If you loved this recipe, please give it a five ⭐ rating in the comment section below and please share it on social media using the social media share buttons at the top and bottom of this post. Thank you so much!