When you make frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer, you get perfectly crispy fries. And you can make them in less time than it takes to bake them in the oven or deep-fry them. Use a traditional air fryer or an Instant Pot air fryer.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read the disclosure.
The air fryer does such a great job at heating frozen foods. I’ve already shown you how to cook frozen steak fries, hash browns, pizza rolls, and taquitos. Here are some other frozen air fryer recipes you can try.
Here I’ll be telling you how to make the best frozen sweet potato fries using the air fryer.
Most of my family loves regular french fries, but my husband is a big fan of sweet potato fries, and the air fryer comes in really handy when I want to make a smaller batch.
These delicious fries can be served as a snack or side to burgers, hot dogs, or sandwiches.
Here are some more Easy Air Fryer Recipes you might enjoy:
– Air Fryer Tater Tots
– Air Fryer Pork Chops
– Air Fryer Chicken Wings
– Air Fryer Almond Cake
– Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
– Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
Tips for Success
- Preheat the air fryer to get perfectly crispy sweet potato fries.
- Don’t thaw the frozen fries before air frying them.
- Every air fryer will vary. The first time you make this recipe, monitor the fries and check on them 2 minutes before the cooking time is up. Adjust the recipe as needed.
- Shake the basket or turn the sweet potato fries twice while air frying, ⅓ of the way through and ⅔ of the way through.
- Serve these delicious sweet potato fries with a dipping sauce like ketchup, honey mustard, sriracha mayo, or Thai sweet chili sauce.
You may need to use a bit of oil in this recipe. I usually coat the basket with a little oil to prevent sticking. However, I haven’t had the need to use cooking spray on the fries.
Use a nonstick spatula to move the fries gently. Sometimes, letting the potatoes cook for a few more minutes till they caramelize loosens them. You can also line the basket with parchment paper or aluminum foil to prevent sticking next time. Be sure to poke a few holes in them to allow for circulation.
Cook them for about 15 minutes at 360 degrees Fahrenheit, shaking the basket twice.
You may need to change the cooking time by a minute or two.
I like to use Alexia sweet potato fries in the air fryer. You don’t need to use Alexia fries – you can use Ore Ida or any other brand. You might need to adjust the cooking time. Just keep an eye on them while they’re cooking.
They may be overcrowded or you need to cook them a bit longer. Air fry them for another 2 to 3 minutes to get a more crispy texture.
Leftover fries can be reheated by air frying them for 2 to 3 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
It depends on the capacity of your air fryer. You need to make sure that they’re not packed too tight, which can prevent air circulation.
You can do it in two batches if you need to air fry double the quantity. The second batch may take less time to cook because the air fryer is hot.
How to make air fryer frozen sweet potato fries
- Keep fries frozen until ready to use
- Preheat your air fryer
- Place the frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer basket
- Air fry sweet potato fries
See recipe details below
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
- ½ bag frozen sweet potato fries (20 oz.) or 566 grams *
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat the air fryer at 360 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Place the fries to the air fryer basket and make sure they're evenly spread out.
- Close the lid and air fry for 15 minutes at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shake the fries twice, at the 5 minute and 10 minute marks. Open the lid and use tongs or shake the basket so the fries are tossed well. Close the lid and continue cooking.
- When the cooking time is up, open the lid and check to make sure the fries are cooked to your liking. Toss the fries again and air fry for another 2 minutes, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread fries in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 34 minutes or until the fries are cooked.
Thank you for visiting Paint the Kitchen Red. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use any content without prior written permission. If you’ve made this recipe and would like to share it with your friends, please link back to this recipe. Thank you!
I am not a certified nutritionist. I provide my best estimate of nutritional information merely as a courtesy to my readers. If you depend on nutritional information for dietary or health reasons, I suggest using your favorite online nutrition calculator to confirm the nutritional value of this recipe based on the actual ingredients that you use.
Did you know that the best way to support your favorite bloggers is to comment and rate recipes, and share on social media? If you loved this recipe, please comment and give it a five ⭐ rating in the comment section below. If you’re a pinner, pin this post using the Pin buttons at the top and bottom of this post and in the recipe card above. Thank you for your support!