Making frozen potato skins in the air fryer is so easy. If you need a quick appetizer for entertaining, such as for a Superbowl party or New Year’s Eve party, grab a few boxes of potato skins and you’ll be ready for your guests in no time.
If you ever need to make an appetizer but don’t feel like whipping one up at the last minute or don’t have the time, these potato skins may come to the rescue!
Yes, it’s always best to make food from scratch, but hey, we live in the real world and sometimes you need to have a few shortcuts in your back pocket. Air fryer potato skins are delicious crowd-pleasers. And the best part is the near-zero effort.
I like to heat frozen potato skins in the air fryer rather than the oven because I feel that they turn out better. If I’m making more than three batches, then I use the oven.
Tips for Success
Don’t thaw the loaded potato skins before air frying them.
Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Place the potato skins in one layer. You might be able to fit 5 to 6 frozen potato skins at a time. If you need to make more, work in batches. You can reheat the prior batches for about a minute at 400 degrees if they cool down too much.
Some of the frozen potato skins can have the filling overflowing over the edges. If you want them to look more perfect, the best thing to do is to open the air fryer after about 4 minutes and use a spoon to scoop up the parts that are falling out and put them back into the hollowed-out potato skin. Be careful not to burn yourself! I like to use silicone tongs to lift the potato skins.
Serve the potato skins with any of the following toppings and garnishes:
Every air fryer will vary. The first time you make this recipe, monitor the potato skins and check on them 2 minutes before the cooking time is up. Adjust the recipe as needed.
You shouldn’t need to use oil in this recipe. I haven’t had any issues with sticking.
Cook them for about 9 minutes at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
I used TGI Friday’s potato skins. You don’t need to use TGIF – you can use Farm Rich or any other brand. You might need to adjust the cooking time. Just keep an eye on them while they’re cooking.
This recipe was tested using Cosori and Duo Crisp brands of air fryer.
Air fry them for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Yes, the potatoes can be reheated by air frying them for 2 to 3 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you need to air fry double the quantity, you can do it in two batches. The second batch may take less time to cook because the air fryer is hot.
How to make air fryer frozen potato skins
- Keep potato skins frozen until ready to use
- Place frozen potato skins in air fryer basket
- Air fry potato skins
- Transfer potato skins to serving platter
See recipe details below
Air Fryer Frozen Potato Skins
- 1 package frozen potato skins 5 count *
Air Fryer Instructions
- Place the empty air fryer basket in the air fryer and preheat at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 minutes. **
- Add the frozen potato skins to the air fryer basket. If they don't fit without overcrowding, air fry in two batches.
- Air fry for 9 minutes at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the potato skins to a serving platter and garnish with chives, green onions, sour cream, parsley or cilantro .
- * TGI Friday’s brand potato skins were used in this recipe.
- Don’t thaw the loaded potato skins before air frying them.
- ** Preheat the air fryer if the air fryer doesn’t have a built-in preheat functionality.
- Every air fryer will vary. The first time you make this recipe, monitor the potato skins and adjust the air frying time as needed.
Thank you for visiting Paint the Kitchen Red. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use any content without prior written permission. If you’ve made this recipe and would like to share it with your friends, please link back to this recipe. Thank you!
I am not a certified nutritionist. I provide my best estimate of nutritional information merely as a courtesy to my readers. If you depend on nutritional information for dietary or health reasons, I suggest using your favorite online nutrition calculator to confirm the nutritional value of this recipe based on the actual ingredients that you use.
If you loved this recipe, please give it a five ⭐ rating in the comment section below and please share it on social media using the social media share buttons at the top and bottom of this post. Thank you so much!