Canned beans aren’t the only option if you’ve forgotten to or don’t have the time to soak your dried beans before using them in a recipe. You can quick soak dried beans in the Instant Pot in less than 30 minutes.
If you’ve always used canned beans for your recipes, there’s a better, healthier way! Use your Instant Pot to cook your dried beans from scratch and you can avoid the sodium and preservatives that come with canned beans.
Instant Pot Quick Soak Dried Beans Instructions
- Put the beans in the Instant Pot and add water that’s 1-inch above the level of the beans.
Instant Pot DUO Pressure Cook:
- Close the lid and make sure steam release handle is in ‘Sealing’ position
- Press ‘Manual’ (or ‘Pressure Cook’) and ‘+’ or ‘-‘ until display reads ‘5′ (5 minutes).
Instant Pot ULTRA Pressure Cook:
- Close the lid.
- Select Pressure Cook mode and adjust time to 5 minutes (00:05).
- Press ‘Start’.
Instant Pot Natural Pressure Release (NPR):
- Allow the pressure to release naturally (NPR). The float valve will be in the down position. This may take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Press Cancel and Open the Instant Pot.
- Drain the beans and use in any recipe that calls for soaked beans.
How to Quick Soak Dried Beans in the Instant Pot
- 2 cups dried beans
- water (enough to cover 1 inch above beans)
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes and allow for a natural pressure release (NPR).