Making chicken fries in the air fryer is so easy that you’ll find yourself making them again and again. Chicken fries are a kid-friendly snack and a great alternative to chicken fingers or chicken nuggets because kids have so much fun eating them!
Chicken fries are the best of both worlds because they taste like chicken nuggets but look like french fries.
Burger King chicken fries were originally introduced years ago but eventually discontinued. There was such a hue and cry from fans that chicken fries were brought back.
But you don’t need to go to a fast food restaurant to eat chicken fries. Tyson makes frozen chicken fries and I like to cook them in the air fryer rather than in the oven.
After getting my air fryer I’ve found that it’s the best way to heat frozen foods. I’ve already shown you how to cook air fryer steak fries, popcorn chicken, Totino’s party pizza, tater tots, and egg rolls. In this recipe, I show you how to cook chicken fries in the air fryer.
Serve air fryer chicken fries with your favorite dipping sauce for an easy snack.
Tips for Success
Preheat the air fryer if the air fryer doesn’t have a built-in preheat functionality. Some air fryers preheat before starting to count down. e.g. the Instant Pot Duo Crisp and Cosori.
Don’t thaw the Tyson chicken fries before air frying. Keep them frozen until ready to cook.
Every air fryer will vary. The first time you make this recipe, monitor the chicken fries and check on them 2 minutes before the cooking time is up. Adjust the recipe as needed.
For best results, don’t overcrowd the basket. It’s best to place the chicken pieces in a single layer, without stacking them so they crisp evenly.
Shake the basket or turn the chicken halfway through the cooking process.
You don’t need to use any oil in this recipe but if you want the chicken fries to be more crispy, spray the chicken with a bit of oil spray.
Cook them for about 9 minutes at 400 degrees F, shaking the basket once at 5 minutes.
Yes, you can use the same timing and temperature to make air fryer frozen chicken fries using the Instant Pot air fryer lid, Duo Crisp or Pro Crisp.
Tyson chicken fries (Any’tizers) were used in this recipe. You can use the same timings for any brand. Just keep an eye on the chicken and check on it two minutes before the time’s up.
This recipe was tested using Cosori and Duo Crisp brands of air fryer.
Air fry the chicken for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Yes, the chicken can be reheated by air frying them for 2 to 3 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
It depends on the capacity of your air fryer. You just need to make sure that they’re not packed too tight and are in one layer.
If you need to air fry double the quantity, you can do it in two batches. The second batch may take less time to cook because the air fryer is hot.
How to make frozen chicken fries in the air fryer
- Keep chicken fries frozen until ready to use
- Preheat air fryer
- Place frozen chicken fries in the air fryer basket
- Air fry the chicken fries, shaking or turning the chicken halfway through
- Serve crispy chicken fries with a dipping sauce like ketchup, barbecue sauce, mayonnaise.
See details in recipe card below
Air Fryer Chicken Fries
- 1/3 bag chicken fries *
Air Fryer Instructions
- Place the empty air fryer basket in the air fryer and preheat at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. **
- Add the frozen chicken fries to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry Tyson chicken fries for 9 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, turning them over with tongs or shaking the basket at the 5 minute mark.
- Transfer the chicken fries to a serving platter and serve with a dipping sauce such as ketchup, mayonnaise, sriracha mayo, or bbq sauce.
- * Tyson brand of chicken fries were used in this recipe. Nutrition information is for Tyson chicken fries.
- Don’t thaw the frozen chicken before air frying.
- ** Preheat the air fryer if the air fryer doesn’t have a built-in preheat functionality.
- How long to cook the chicken may vary based on the air fryer model. The first time you make this recipe, monitor the chicken fries and check on them 2 minutes before the time is up, and adjust the air frying time as needed.
Thank you for visiting Paint the Kitchen Red. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use any content without prior written permission. If you’ve made this recipe and would like to share it with your friends, please link back to this recipe. Thank you!
I am not a certified nutritionist. I provide my best estimate of nutritional information merely as a courtesy to my readers. If you depend on nutritional information for dietary or health reasons, I suggest using your favorite online nutrition calculator to confirm the nutritional value of this recipe based on the actual ingredients that you use.
If you loved this recipe, please give it a five ⭐ rating in the comment section below and please share it on social media using the social media share buttons at the top and bottom of this post. Thank you so much!
Questions, Comments? I love hearing from my readers and I reply to all comments!