My two teenage girls wanted to bake something and I had this recipe sitting in my binder in the ‘to try’ section. I gave them the recipe and they made the whole wheat blondies on their own. The best part about these whole wheat blondies is that they taste great, but are healthier than traditional blondies because they are made from white whole-wheat flour and use vegetable oil to partially replace butter.
These blondies are yummy, without the guilt.
Whole Wheat Blondies
- Line a 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper, or grease and flour baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring butter, oil and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract and eggs.
- In another mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir toffee bits or chocolate chips and flour mixture into butter mixture until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.
Thank you for visiting Paint the Kitchen Red. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use any content without prior written permission. If you’ve made this recipe and would like to share it with your friends, please link back to this recipe. Thank you!