I came up with these bars by chance. I wanted to make a quick dessert to take to a book club and thought of making 7-layer bars or Hello Dolly bars. I realized I didn’t have any graham crackers on hand, so I substituted Oreo cookies. These bars are sooo good, but they are pretty rich, so cut them into small squares to serve.
Oreo Layer Bars
These indulgent bars are delicious and so easy to make. You can use any kind of chocolate chip you like: dark, semi-sweet, white...
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup Oreo cookies crushed
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 7 oz (1/2 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Pour melted butter into pan, and tilt pan to spread evenly.
- Add ingredients in order listed, making sure to spread each layer evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Completely cool in pan, then cut in 1 1/2 inch squares.
Have you made this recipe? I love seeing your photos! Tag me on Instagram @PaintTheKitchenRed or #PaintTheKitchenRed!
Thank you for visiting Paint the Kitchen Red. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use any content without prior written permission. If you’ve made this recipe and would like to share it with your friends, please link back to this recipe. Thank you!
Questions, Comments? I love hearing from my readers and I reply to all comments!