I came up with these bars by chance. I wanted to make a quick dessert to take to a book club and thought of making 7-layer bars or Hello Dolly bars. I realized I didn’t have any graham crackers on hand, so I substituted Oreo cookies. These bars are sooo good, but they are pretty rich, so cut them into small squares to serve.
Oreo Layer Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Pour melted butter into pan, and tilt pan to spread evenly.
- Add ingredients in order listed, making sure to spread each layer evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Completely cool in pan, then cut in 1 1/2 inch squares.