These mint swirl brownies remind me of my favorite Girl Scout cookie – Thin Mints! The combination of mint and chocolate is my idea of heaven! The cookie pieces add a nice crunch to the brownies. These brownies make a fun treat to bring to a book club or potluck. I line the baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with oil – this makes it so easy to remove the brownies from the pan.
Mint Swirl Brownies
- Line the bottom and sides of a 11 x 7 inch baking dish with aluminum foil, leaving a slight overhang.
- Coat the aluminum foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine butter, sugars, and cocoa in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder; Add to cocoa mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and crushed cookies.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out with moist crumbs. Do not over bake.
- Immediately pour baking chips evenly over top of brownies.
- Drag a toothpick in parallel lines over the mint frosting, to create a swirl pattern.
Thank you for visiting Paint the Kitchen Red. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use any content without prior written permission. If you’ve made this recipe and would like to share it with your friends, please link back to this recipe. Thank you!