These mint swirl brownies remind me of my favorite Girl Scout cookie – Thin Mints! The combination of mint and chocolate is my idea of heaven! The cookie pieces add a nice crunch to the brownies. These brownies make a fun treat to bring to a book club or potluck. I line the baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with oil – this makes it so easy to remove the brownies from the pan.
Mint Swirl Brownies
- Line the bottom and sides of a 11 x 7 inch baking dish with aluminum foil, leaving a slight overhang.
- Coat the aluminum foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine butter, sugars, and cocoa in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder; Add to cocoa mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and crushed cookies.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out with moist crumbs. Do not over bake.
- Immediately pour baking chips evenly over top of brownies.
- Drag a toothpick in parallel lines over the mint frosting, to create a swirl pattern.