This is the best pasta salad I’ve ever made. I adapted this recipe from the Pioneer Woman website. Ree Drummond’s blog posts are so much fun to read! I made this recipe for a 4th of July barbecue – it’s an all-American pasta salad with a twist – spicy dill pickle juice! There’s something special about having spicy, sweet, salty and sour all in the same dish – yummy! I just love the colors in the salad too, it brightens up any picnic table.
Best Pasta Salad
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni or other small pasta
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon pickle juice divided
- 2 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 whole roasted red peppers chopped
- ½ cup black olives chopped
- ½ cup sweet and spicy pickles diced
- 3 scallions cut into ½ inch pieces
- Parsley chopped, for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside
- Stir together mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, 1 tablespoon pickle juice, sugar, salt, pepper; set aside
- Place cooled pasta in a large bowl and add in roasted red peppers, olives, pickles, and scallions.
- Add in mayonnaise mixture and stir gently until combined. Taste and add more pickle juice or if needed
- Chill and garnish with parsley before serving
Thank you for visiting Paint the Kitchen Red. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use any content without prior written permission. If you’ve made this recipe and would like to share it with your friends, please link back to this recipe. Thank you!